Best Miter Saws In 2022 (Review & Guide)
If you are reading this article, you are likely to buy a miter saw for your studio. A good miter saw can help you crosscut wood easily.
Compared with the previous simple version, most of the current miter saws are compound type. The compound miter saw can be used to make tilted or bevel cuts; some are equipped with a sliding rail system to cut wider workpieces, this is called a sliding compound miter saw.
This article reviews in detail the best miter saws on the market today.
What to consider when buying
Power is probably the most important parameter, the greater the power, the stronger the cutting ability.
Common motors are generally 10, 12, and 15 amperes. If you are only using it for household projects, 10 amps is enough; if you are using professionally, then 15 amps is a must.
Miter saws generally use 10 or 12 inch blades, and they are not interchangeable. A 10-inch saw can only use a 10-inch blade, and a 12-inch saw can only use a 12-inch blade.
A 10-inch blade can easily cut 1-inch thick wood planks. If you often cut 1.5-inch thick materials, a 12-inch blade will be more suitable for you.
Some miter saws use a laser beam to mark the cutting position of the blade. This function ensures the accuracy of cutting and is more and more popular with amateurs.
Best MIter Saw Reviews
DeWalt is a brand that you can rest assured. DWS780 has almost all imaginable functions and is an ideal choice for professionals and amateurs. Powerful 15 amp motor can provide 3800RPM, making it capable of most cutting tasks. The 12-inch double-bevel slide design allows it to bevel quickly up to 60 ° to the right and up to 50 ° to the left.
XPS LED and the integrated CUTLINE blade positioning system allow you to clearly see where the blade will contact the material, helping you to easily complete complex and precise cutting.
- Strong cutting capacity, 6-3/4 inch vertical capacity, 7-1/2 inch nested crown capacity, and 13-7/8 inch horizontal capacity
- The unique back fence design can cut up to 2 x 16 at a 90 degree angle and 2 x 12 at a 45 degree angle
- The cam lock miter handle can easily adjust and fix the angle
- Dust collector reduces dust particles in the air and helps you keep your workstation tidy
Bosch is well-known in the power tool market for its innovative technology. GCM12SD has won widely praise from customers for its patented Axial glide system.
The Axial-Glide System allows wider crosscuts and more accurate alignment, improving the smoothness and accuracy of the cutting process; the compact design without using traditional guide rails can save you 12 inches of space.
In addition, it is worth mentioning that the bevel adjustment at the front end can be set quickly and easily without having to reach behind the saw, which is very convenient to use.
- Powerful 15 amp, 3800RPM, 3HP motor
- Strong cutting capacity, 6-1/2 inch vertical capacity, 6-1/2 inch crown capacity, and 14 inch horizontal capacity
- Squarelock quick release fence aligns the fence with the saw table at 90 degrees, providing precise control
Not everyone needs a top-level miter saw, if you only cut on a miter saw occasionally, then DWS713 may be your best choice. This saw has a 15 amp motor that can provide speeds of up to 5,000 RPM. This power can easily provide fast and accurate cutting.
It weighs less than 40 pounds, is very light and easy to move from one place to another. The locking device is also very useful, the finely crafted stainless steel detent plate with 14 positive stops to ensure cutting accuracy.
- 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 4-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
- Bevels 0 degree – 48 degree to the left and 0 degree- 3 degree to the right
If you often go to work sites where power supply cannot be guaranteed, then Makita’s cordless miter saw is best for you.
XSL08PT’s motor uses brushless technology, which is more efficient and less maintenance than ordinary carbon brush motors. The maximum speed of 4400RPM and the automatic speed change technology that adjusts the speed and output torque according to different loads makes the cutting quality of this saw amazing.
The running time of cordless tools is an aspect that is often valued by people. This saw is powered by two 18V 5Ah LXT batteries which can support 175 cuts in 2×12 SPF wood per charge. You can use it with peace of mind.
- Strong cutting capacity, 6-3/4 inch vertical capacity, 8 inch nested crown capacity, and 15 inch horizontal capacity
- Direct drive gearbox with soft start for smooth start
- The built-in laser can clearly indicate the cutting line
- Dual dust collection ports ensure a clean working environment